Menu Search

Parks

Brooks Memorial Fountain

In October 1929, Marshall’s mayor, Harold C. Brooks, announced his gift to the city of an “electric fountain” in memory of his late father, Charles E. Brooks. Architect Howard F. Young, landscape engineer Herman Swanson, and engineers from General Electric collaborated on the design. At its dedication, on April 26, 1930, some seven thousand people applauded with “exclamations of surprise” and “wonderment” when the mayor’s son, Craig, turned on the fountain and its multi-colored lights.

Marshall News, Events, & More

Newsletter Signup