Out with the old and in with the new!
The Marshall Area Economic Development Alliance is excited to announce the new Marshall Bucks program that will replace the Chamber Bucks program.
- Marshall Bucks is a check.
- Marshall Bucks may be purchased from the Marshall Area Economic Development Alliance (MAEDA) at the Marshall Welcome Center located at 323 West Michigan Avenue in Marshall.
- The purchaser may use the Marshall Bucks just like a check at any MAEDA member business choosing to participate in the Marshall Bucks program.
- Upon receipt, the business will fill out their name on the “Redeemed At” line and endorse the back like a regular check. The business will then deposit the Marshall Bucks at their bank just like other checks.
- The business will provide cash back for the remaining balance of the certificate (example: if total purchase is $15.00 and $25.00 certificate is used, the business will issue $10.00 cash back). It is at business’ discretion whether to provide cash back if total bill is less than 50% of certificate’s value.
- Do not process the Marshall Bucks certificate for more than the amount on the check (example: if purchase is $35.00 and a $25.00 certificate is used, the business will process $25.00 of Marshall Bucks, and customer would still owe $10.00).
- Certificates are good for one year from date stamped. Sometimes we will “renew” them if they are not more than two years old, in which case there may be two dates stamped with one crossed out. Please go by the most recent date stamped.
- Old Chamber Bucks will be honored for redemption by MAEDA until August 1, 2017.
The MAEDA Board of Directors and the Marshall Community benefit from the Marshall Bucks program, which encourages local shopping and helps to strengthen our local economy. If your business is interested in accepting Marshall Bucks contact MAEDA at 269.781.5163.
To find a business that accepts Marshall Bucks be sure to check the “Accepts Marshall Bucks” box on the Shop & Eat, Stay & Play, Groups & Services, and Chamber Member Listing pages or click here for a printable copy.