57th Annual Marshall Christmas Parade • Monday, November 29, 2021 at 7PM
The Marshall Christmas Parade has been a family tradition for almost 60 years. The parade brings together family and friends to enjoy the sights and sounds, and for many it marks the beginning of the holiday season. Participants have the very important responsibility to ensure viewers are dazzled by each and every entry.
As is tradition, the parade will be held on the Monday after Thanksgiving, November 29, 2021 and will begin at 7:00 pm. If you would like to participate in the Christmas Parade, applications are due no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, November 15, 2021.
2021 THEME: “Giving Has No Season”
We are looking for colorful and creative representations of the holiday season, most especially reflecting the parade theme. This theme salutes everyone in the community who serves others, even without a pandemic, including medical personnel, teachers, service clubs members, volunteers, restaurant and retail workers, delivery people and more! The presence of someone on your float from an honored group is encouraged, but not required.
DEADLINE: APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY Tuesday, November 16.
DECORATIONS and RULES:
- All entries MUST be decorated for the holidays and be WELL LIGHTED. This is a nighttime parade so lights are necessary for the safety of parade attendees and participants, as well as for their entertainment value.
- All marching bands, walkers, dance groups, etc. MUST be in uniform, costume or wear holiday- appropriate attire.
- All participants are required to keep pace with the parade marshal to keep gaps from forming, to ensure a smooth and continuous parade.
- Car club entries are limited to SIX (6) CARS which MUST be decorated.
- Santa is not allowed on any entry.
- Candy is to be handed out by walking participants ONLY and NOT thrown from vehicles or floats.
- Gun shots or cannons are not permitted. Live fire/flames are allowed with special permission.
- Any groups containing animals MUST include a clean-up crew.
- No vehicles on trailers are permitted without prior approval.
FINAL APPROVAL OF PARTICIPATION AND DECORATION OF ENTRY WILL BE HELD AT THE DISCRETION OF THE CHRISTMAS COMMITTEE.
Please read all of the requirements carefully and fill out the application completely. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be accepted.
Parade instructions are mailed or emailed out the week prior to the parade. If you have questions, please contact Kimber Thompson at 269-781-5163 or [email protected]
Choose Marshall Welcome Center ~ 323 W. Michigan Avenue, Marshall, MI 49068 • 269-781-5163
Christmas Parade Application
By typing your name below, you are agreeing to these statements: Waiver of Physical Damage or Personal Injury In consideration of participating in the Marshall Christmas Parade, the Releaser, intended to be legally bound for themselves and their agents, employees, volunteers, guests, licensees, heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights and claims they may have against the City of Marshall, its officials, and the City of Marshall representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or damages suffered from participation in the Marshall Christmas Parade. I, the undersigned, have read this waiver of liability, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and have signed freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance, or guarantee being made to me and intend my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.